Re: Structural Bearing Pads

 On 8/27/2010 9:22 AM, Ehrlich, Gary wrote:
Bill,

I get a bunch of hits using "Neoprene bearing pads".

Try these folks:
http://www.jvi-inc.com/prodsbycat_list.shtml?categoryid=1. I specified
their Masticord fiber/rubber composition pads on some precast projects I
did for a former employer. I mainly recall using them under first-floor
architectural panels, but I think there were one or two precast tee
office floors as well where I spec'd them at the stem bearing points.
They have a neoprene pad also.

Regards,
Gary

GARY J. EHRLICH, P.E.
National Association of Home Builders
D 202 266 8545
gehrlich(--nospam--at)nahb.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 9:54 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Structural Bearing Pads

   Anyone know who supplies these for Parking Garage construction? I'm
surprised that my searches have turned up NOTHING. They should (I think)

simply be neoprene pads, not so complex as a bridge bearing (which tends

to be a "sandwich" construction of neoprene and steel plate).

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I wasn't clear.

It's not that I can't find information about what they are, etc. It's that I can't figure out how to freakin' BUY them! See, I'm helping out a friend on a construction project. Whole different world. It's one thing to spec something, another to actually find who sells it and actually buy it.

So, any ideas?