RE: Coefficient of Friction

The coefficient of friction will be predicated on the soil (gravel).  The IBC, section 1806 lists the coefficient of friction as 0.25.  That is a pretty conservative value.

Regards, Harold Sprague

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:48:39 -0700
Subject: Coefficient of Friction
From: paul.blomberg(--nospam--at)gmail.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

I have a client that wants their product tanks installed without anchorage (self-anchored) and I am trying to locate a coefficient of friction between the tanks (fiberglass and plastic tanks) and their base (concrete and gravel pads).  All these tanks are flat bottomed and supported on grade.

Does anyone have a reference with this information so I can check sliding?

Paul.