RE: Coefficient of Friction

Paul,

That will not work if it is in earthquake country.  The vertical forces will dance it all over the place.

Richard Hess, S.E.

From: Paul Blomberg [mailto:paul.blomberg(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 12:49 PM
To: seaint
Subject: Coefficient of Friction

I have a client that wants their product tanks installed without anchorage (self-anchored) and I am trying to locate a coefficient of friction between the tanks (fiberglass and plastic tanks) and their base (concrete and gravel pads).  All these tanks are flat bottomed and supported on grade.

Does anyone have a reference with this information so I can check sliding?

Paul.