From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com [mailto:Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 10:40 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Sealing documents for a fabricator

Joe,

If your project is in the mid-West for East Coast the building official may not care but on the West Coast, if you are going to be stamping the calculation and drawings, then your license will need to be for the state that the stack is erected.  Also, if your calculations are going to be submitted to a building department then you will have to include all code required loads which would certainly include wind AND seismic.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Joseph R. Grill" <vveng(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
09/10/2010 10:19 AM
Please respond to seaint

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

cc

Subject

Sealing documents for a fabricator

Several months ago this question was asked and I am not sure I remember the responses.  I am checking lateral for a self supporting steel stack for the fabricator of the stack.  I am licensed in the state that the fabricator is located, but the stack may be sold and located in states that I am not licensed.  I believe this is fine and will inform the fabricator that he may have some additional engineering costs if the stack is located in a state that I am not licensed.  I can check wind, and will also inform the fabricator that there may be additional costs for a seismic check.

Any comments?

Joseph R. Grill, PE
Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC
email: VVEng(--nospam--at)cableone.net