Re: Hankinson with different LDF's

Ahhh, Bill...  I have it, but I haven't broken the binding to the specific pages yet...  AISC 13th is currently on the stovetop, pressing a panini...

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Bill Polhemus <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc> wrote:
On 9/8/2010 2:49 PM, Drew Morris wrote:
The age of the manual or the code used is not important.  David was pointing out how steel design approached using stresses with and without the 1/3 increase; in 1 direction with short term loads using the 1/3 increase, in the other direction with only dead and live loads no 1/3 increase was used.

I know, just ribbin' those "hide-bound" colleagues of mine. Whatcha wanna bet David hasn't even gotten the 13th Edition manual yet? ;-)

--
David Topete, SE