Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
SEAOSC New Madrid EQ Fault Report Webinar[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: SEAOSC New Madrid EQ Fault Report Webinar
- From: SEAOSC(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:51:10 EDT
A reminder for you to join SEAOSC for a Webinar on the "Impact of the New Madrid Seismic Zone Earthquakes on the Central USA" Report on Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2010 at 12 noon PDT to 1:30 p.m.
To register, please go to www.seaosc.org.
Presenters: Anisa Como, Researcher, Mid-America Earthquake (MAE) Center and Theresa Jefferson, DSc, Associate Professor, Center for Technology, Security, and Policy, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University).
Abstract: SEAOSC will be presenting a webinar on Tuesday September 14th from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the Mid-America Earthquake Center's recently published report entitled "Impact of the New Madrid Seismic Zone Earthquakes on the Central USA" issued October of 2009. This report shows that we have a quite a b it to do in this country to mitigate seismic risk. It is a slow process and often difficult since better building, retrofit and infrastructure improvement comes with a price, but the price of not doing anything is even higher. Similar to Haiti, it's been approximately 200 years since there has been major shaking in the New Madrid area. As such, it is hard to get people to take the threat seriously, but like Haiti it could happen at any time.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Sealing documents for a fabricator
- Next by Subject: SEAOSC Webinar Info
- Previous by thread: Relative Stiffnesses of Masonry Shear Walls (Compared to Concrete)
- Next by thread: SHEAR WALLS