RE: Relative Stiffnesses of Masonry Shear Walls (Compared to Concrete)

Bill
Find  E conc.   E mas  use in equations below

H/d for wall piers  either Cant or fixed condition  convert delta to
rigidity.
(Use tables or spreadsheet Amrhein Tables T)

 Add up correctly for each wall line.

Then you have to figure center mass, center of Rigidity and the 5% code
offset.

Figure base Shear

Distribute loads to walls based on relative rigidity and distance to center
of mass.

Joe Venuti,  P.E.
Joven Engineering
La Quinta,  CA