Re: Footing Sizing Method

I have not remember exactly but i think "soil mechanics" of Bowels & PCA notes will
give some description related to this topic.

--- On Thu, 9/9/10, John J. Treff <jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:

From: John J. Treff <jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
Subject: Footing Sizing Method
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Date: Thursday, September 9, 2010, 10:18 AM

Hello colleagues,

      I am looking for a design method that allows me to concentrate the soil reaction in the edge of the spread footing and that way determine the necessary rebar, instead of making the pad larger. This method was suggested in the ASCE book “Seismic Evaluation and Design for Petrochemical Facilities” (see image below) but I can't find my copy and it is out of print. I've even tried to find a used copy online unsuccessfully.

cid:_1_08151AC8081518300057DCF803257797

      Do any of you know if this method is explained in another book or know where can I download a PDF maybe of the aforementioned publication?

Thank you,

JJ