Re: GluLam Beam Repairs

You might take a look at this product.

Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer  with Fill-It Epoxy Filler

Both by Smith & Company

rejoice -Danny Hill, PE

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Raymond Shreenan <rshreenan1(--nospam--at)verizon.net> wrote:
Hi Folks,

 I have a project that has Douglas Fir glulam beams supporting a wood elevated walk way used to access condo units on upper levels.  The walk way is exposed to the weather and has developed insect infestation and dry rot over a long period of time.  The damage I observed so far is in small areas and not in high shear nor bending stress zones.  Is there an acceptable wood/epoxy type filler that will still bond if the decayed wood is routed out and the clean wood is treated with a wood fungicide?  Also the wood beams are over sized for appearance for the tributary  DL and LL.

Thanks for any help from the wood gurus out there.

Ray Shreenan SE