Re: Relative Stiffnesses of Masonry Shear Walls (Compared to Concrete)

Bill,
As others have mentioned, the Ahmreim reference is great for this info.  Also, IIRC, I think I had found some of this info from an USACE Technical Manual on Masonry Design.  I'd have to search for it, but I believe you can find it at www.wbdg.org as a pdf download.  As Neil noted, an 8" cmu wall, grouted at 32"o.c. will have an equivalent "solid wall" thickness of about 4".  Find the relative rigidities for each wall for distribution below the podium slab.  Good luck.