Re: Breech opening in steel stack

Try the ASME standard - I'm not sure if it the current edition addresses breech calculations - we used to use different resources.  The manual was pretty awful about 15 years ago, but has steadily improved.  You should probably be referring to it anyway if you are sealing the stacks - there's some tricky issues to address (vortex shedding + localized forces), and they can't just be analyzed as a simple section.

 http://catalog.asme.org/Codes/PrintBook/STS1_2006_Steel_Stacks.cfm

Rich K.