From: vveng(--nospam--at)cableone.net
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Breech opening in steel stack
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:34:20 -0700

Thank you for the link.  I will probably order it.  The short section that I have been given does not directly address the opening reinforcement.  Many years ago, I did some stack design for an employer.  From what I recall, I don’t think vortex shedding and that will be an issue as the stack is short and rigid, but that was a long time ago.

Thanks again,

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC