Re: AISC 13 section E6

Joe,

The most common member type covered by E6 is a double angle.  Yo could also use it for double channels or any combination of structural shapes.

--
Adam Vakiener, P.E.
Structural Engineer

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Joseph R. Grill <vveng(--nospam--at)cableone.net> wrote:

I need a little clarification.  13th edition of AISC section E6 is for built-up members.  I don’t think this is for a column fabricated of welded up plates, is it?  A compression member fabricated with fully welded plates would fall into section E4.  If I am correct (the commentary states “stitch welded” members) what type of compression members are covered in E6?  A lattice column or a plate column that is stitch welded?

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC