Re: opinion

Hello Andrew,

I think the list has been experiencing problems since the beginning if the year when a failure kicked many users off the list.
From my point of view, it would be productive to collect the listers' emails from past archives and send a reminder/instructions to those who dropped off but I don't know whether such an action would be acceptable.

As for other resources, I always wondered why I haven't been able to find any open, universal and significant civil/structural engineering communities on the web apart from SEAINT and eng-tips.com.
There are of course some user groups here and there of specific products, a lot of not-so-alive LinkedIn groups, some local resources for local engineers and the like but no major site to speak out to the whole international community.
There are some other noteworthy observations such as, for example, the appaling state of civil/structural topics coverage on Wikipedia.

Regards,
Alex.