ASCE7-05 Question

Dear all,

Chapter 11 (pg 109) defines Building as any structure whose intended use includes shelter of human occupants. Is it the only difference between a building and

nonbuilding structure?.

I am designing a 24 inch water main about 150 ft long fixed at end supports and restrained in vertical direction on 7  intermediate saddle supports.

Should I consider R value 1.25 for last item table 15.4-2 or,

Should I consider it as a distribution system per Table 13.6-1.  ( ap= 2.5 Rp=12  for welded steel pipe).

Thanks in advance,

Sid Lakhani