Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
SEISMIC LOADING ON BASEMENT WALLS[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Sseaint Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: SEISMIC LOADING ON BASEMENT WALLS
- From: "gregory szuladzinski" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:19:46 +1000
If you wish to use a simplified method,
here is the possibility:
Think of how stressing of brick lintels is calculated.
Use the same approach to find tributary volume of soil,
except it should be a pyramid instead of a triangle.
Get the equivalent static accel. of a seismic event.
Apply it to tributary volume of soil and to the volume of wall.
This is what's bending the wall horizontally.
This must be combined with the vertical stressing.
Gregory from Oz
<b>Subject:</b> Re: Seismic Loading on basement
- Prev by Subject: Re: Seismic Loading on basement walls
- Next by Subject: RE: SEISMIC LOADING ON BASEMENT WALLS
- Previous by thread: RE: ASCE7-05 Question
- Next by thread: RE: SEISMIC LOADING ON BASEMENT WALLS