Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wind Loads to Round Steel Stack[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wind Loads to Round Steel Stack
- From: "Joseph R. Grill" <vveng(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:06:59 -0700
ASCE wind loads to a round stack give a total psf for wind. As some may remember I am doing some small steel stack designs and now have one which the schedule will allow time for me to try to model it using RISA3d plates. I think I have the basic model put together correctly. I am not an FEM pro but the model appears to be good. I would rather put some of the wind load to the windward and some to the leeward faces of the stack and due to the breech configuration I will at a point look at quartering wind loads. Would 50% to windward and leeward be reasonable? I think so as it appears the stresses will be pretty small in any case.
Since this is one of my first projects using the plate elements in RISA3D is there one of you “Pro’s” out there that would be willing to spend an hour or so looking at my model for problems and comments. I will reimburse for the time. Please respond off list if you may be willing.
Joseph R. Grill, PE
Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wind Loads on Roof Mounted Solar Panels : and some general references for wind engineering
- Next by Subject: Re: Wind Loads to Round Steel Stack
- Previous by thread: RE: A.S.C.E. 18.104.22.168
- Next by thread: Re: Wind Loads to Round Steel Stack