Re: Wind Loads to Round Steel Stack

I haven't done a lot of stack design in the past 7 years or so, but what we used to do was a triangular load pattern . . . with the apex of the triangle centered on the stack (in plan view) and equal to 2x the calculated psf loading . . that way the total PLF wind load was the same as a uniform load.  We would only load the one side . . which should be conservative as causing the maximum circumferential stresses.

Rich