PHYSICAL BASIS OF SEISMIC ANALYSIS

REPLY

If you are after the connecting link between simplified,
1 DOF seismic analysis and the computer-aided version,
you will find it in Chapter 12 of

DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF STRUCTURES AND MACHINERY
Wylie-Interscience 1982, by the undersigned.

You will find the entire logic and many simple examples,
but it is not a step-by-step guide
to the use of your particular program.

Gregory from Oz

question:

While I'm on my soap box, here is another wish list item I have.  I wish
someone would write a paper or tutorial on how to use a typical frame
analysis program to do a dynamic analysis like an seismic analysis.  Again,
I like set-by-step procedures that explain what to do and why it is being
done, what information is needed, and what does the output actually tell me.
I have several books on structural dynamics and I thumb through and see all
the matrix equations and spectral response curves, but not practical
step-by-step procedure needed for real-world application with a common frame
analysis program.  I typically use RAM Elements for my analysis, but I have
experience using several other packages.  If anyone knows of any published
papers on the Internet or books to purchase please let me know about them.