From: Joseph R. Grill [mailto:vveng(--nospam--at)cableone.net]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 4:46 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: grout in lieu of conc.

I have a contractor that wants to use a pea gravel grout in lieu of regular aggregate concrete due to pumping reasons.  In all my years I have never been asked this.  At first thought I can’t think of a reason why not. Any reasons why not or anything else I should watch for?

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC