Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: ASCE7-05 Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: ASCE7-05 Question
- From: "Lakhani, Sid" <slakhani(--nospam--at)ebmud.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:10:21 -0700
From: Harold Sprague
If you are designing the piping, use Table 13.6-1. If
you are designing the support structure for the piping and the support
structure is supported at grade, use the table in chapter 15, and use the
appropriate nonbuilding structure type.
Subject: ASCE7-05 Question
Chapter 11 (pg 109) defines Building as any structure whose intended use includes shelter of human occupants. Is it the only difference between a building and
I am designing a 24 inch water main about 150 ft long fixed at end supports and restrained in vertical direction on 7 intermediate saddle supports.
Should I consider R value 1.25 for last item table 15.4-2 or,
Should I consider it as a distribution system per Table 13.6-1. ( ap= 2.5 Rp=12 for welded steel pipe).
Thanks in advance,
- Prev by Subject: RE: ASCE7-05 Question
- Next by Subject: ASXE 31-03
- Previous by thread: RE: ASCE7-05 Question
- Next by thread: SEISMIC LOADING ON BASEMENT WALLS