Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
exterior steel finish[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: exterior steel finish
- From: PFFEI(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:33:18 EDT
I have a project where the architect wants to clear coat exterior structural steel. Not use core 10 steel - use standard steel, maybe clean the mill scale off (not to bright metal) and clear coat all bolts, welds, imperfections. Project is in hills of Los Angeles, hot and sunny in summer, morning mist. Steel is frame of building so exposed from outside and inside with wood framing infill or windows between columns and beams. Some steel under roof overhang and some is completely exposed. WF and tubes.
Does anyone know of a good product for this situation? I don't expect something as good as paint, talked to Permalac and their voc compliant product has a 3 - 5 year life. Anything out there better than that?
Thanks in advance,
- Prev by Subject: RE: Exterior Deck
- Next by Subject: Re: exterior steel finish
- Previous by thread: re: joe's CMU building
- Next by thread: Re: exterior steel finish