Confusion in field choosing.

Hello list members, I am a student of 3rd yr Bachelor of
Engineering(Civil) in India. I would like to ask all of you this
ques.- I have reached a stage where I have choosen SE and
Transportation engg as the fields for MS. I am good in both and would
like to knw what qualities a student have for becoming a gud SE and TE
? What's the main job difference wrt to pay and work ? Plz reply.
Regards.