Re: Confusion in field choosing.

Don't worry about pay.  That will come as you progress in your career.  Be more concerned about being happy with what you will be doing.  Do what makes you happy.  If you end up designing roads and bridges for a transportation department, then that may scratch both of your areas of interest...  Wait till you've taken more classes thru your 3rd year, and into your 4th tear before making any decision.