BIM Prevalence

Dear Listers,

we here have been having a discussion about building information modeling and its prospects on the CIS martet.
Now there is this 2009 McGraw-Hill survey stating that the use of BIM has surged to almost 50% among US professionals

http://www.bim.construction.com/research/pdfs/2009_BIM_SmartMarket_Report.pdf

I have some reservations about these data as they seem to be skewed towards architectural community where BIM is more common.

I'd be thankful if you shared your opinion about how you esimate BIM penetration in the US based on your environment.

TIA,
Alex.

Alexander Bausk
MSc Structural engineering, Ph.C. Engineering
http://bausk.wordpress.com
ONILAES Lab at PSACEA
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
Tel. +38 068 4079692