Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Foundation drains[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Foundation drains
- From: Kevin Below <kbofoz(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 20:59:34 -0400
Are there any building officials on the list now, someone like Scott Hahn, who knows very well the US codes ?
I am trying to find out if there are any provisions in US codes, or Indian, English or other codes also, that make a foundation drain obligatory.
There is such a provision in the Canadian National Building Code, Part 3, Moisture and Thermal Protection, and I am trying to determine if it is a logical requirement or just something that developed in a country that almost always uses basements.
Some "experts" have determined that the lack of a foundation drain may be a contributing factor in a vapor transmission problem through a SOG that is causing floor finishes to blister. The real experts who have published research on the subject all point to the missing vapor barrier, but you know what lawyers can do with the truth.
Any help and information on any country's codes would be appreciated.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Footing Sizing Method
- Next by Subject: Re: Foundation drains
- Previous by thread: Brick Foundation Wall
- Next by thread: Re: Foundation drains