Re: seaint Digest for 13 Nov 2010

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: "admin" <admin(--nospam--at)seausa.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 00:00:07
To: <mwaggoner(--nospam--at)fwcse.com>
Subject: seaint Digest for 13 Nov 2010

                       seaint Digest for 13 Nov 2010

Topics covered in this issue include:

   1: aluminum pedestrian bridge
             by "Andrew Kester" <akester74(--nospam--at)gmail.com>

1                                Message:0001                            1
From: "h.d.richardson" <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: aluminum pedestrian bridge

Andrew,

        As an afterthought you may find it advantageous to consider the
design of a truss where the handrails are the to chord and the kick plate
(or L) is the bottom chord.  This design requires that you stabilize the
handrails in compression by connecting the vertical posts under the deck to
form a U; but it generally reduces the weight of the structure.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson