Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
plate washers on anchor bolts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: plate washers on anchor bolts
- From: PFFEI(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:16:53 -0500 (EST)
I am curious why some engineers install plate washers on the embedded ends of foundation anchor bolts. The headed deformation of a heavy hex nut is enough to develop F1554 grade 36 rods in tension (per ACI Appendix D calculations) and AISC Column Base Plate Design Guide also shows nut sufficient to develop rod. It would seem that plate washers could be detrimental in closely spaced anchors - they could cause cracking through failure plane interconnecting plate washers. Does anyone have any information on this practice?
Thanks- Paul Franceschi
- Prev by Subject: RE: Planter Loading
- Next by Subject: Re: plate washers on anchor bolts
- Previous by thread: Re: seaint Digest for 13 Nov 2010
- Next by thread: Re: plate washers on anchor bolts