Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Hand rail Post -200 lbs lateral load Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Hand rail Post -200 lbs lateral load Design
- From: Dilip Patel <dp_enco(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:46:16 -0800 (PST)
The post is 1-1/4" square x 11 ga with 1" x 8" long insert at bottom.(4" into square post)
The 1" solid round bar will be placed into 1-1/2" diameter x 4" deep drilled hole in concrete slab & filled with grout.
The 1-1/4" (ASTM A36) post works, however 1" diameter post do not considering the round bar will have maximum moment, just below the slab line.
Any practical way to design check this condition ?
- Prev by Subject: Haiti Urban Search and Rescue & USAID Update
- Next by Subject: Re: Hand rail Post -200 lbs lateral load Design
- Previous by thread: RE: plate washers on anchor bolts
- Next by thread: Re: Hand rail Post -200 lbs lateral load Design