RE: Calculations

I use both of them a lot. You can't beat Mathcad for good documentation
that is easy for others to follow and check. It forces you to do it, and
also takes care of unit conversions and helps you detect formula errors
in real time. It has its quirks, but I like it a lot. Excel is better
when you have really big data arrays to handle, like FEA post-processing
files. I find clients and reviewers really like the Mathcad
presentation, but they are definitely less compact than Excel.

Jim Lutz, PE, SE
Senior Structural Engineer
BHC Consultants, LLC

1601 5th Avenue, Suite 500
Seattle, WA  98101
Ph: 206-505-3400
Fax: 206-505-3406
www.bhcconsultants.com

This email and all attachments are confidential. For further information
about emails sent to or from BHC Consultants or if you have received
this email in error, please refer to
http://www.bhcconsultants.com/Email+Disclaimer+/default.aspx