RE: Calculations

I have used both for quite a few years.  For calculations that require review, I have used MathCAD.  If I am developing a report and need to manipulate data (like response spectra), I use Excel.  The inertia for MathCAD came from nuclear work that I was doing in the early to mid 90's.

I find myself using MathCAD for most of my day to day calculations.

Regards, Harold Sprague