re: cali codes

"I look forward to the day when I can submit some calculations and pretty 3D
renderings  with software produced by people who have never designed so much
as a dog house for plan check and not have to stamp and sign them so long as
they include all the Greek letter factors identified in the "code"." -
Richard Hess

So you want to be an architect Richard?

So much for my living in Cali one day, sounds like I'd need to switch
careers to keep my sanity. Good luck out there boys, sounds like with
each new code, ASCE 7, etc., all the "improvements" end up being just
an improved obstacle course with no obvious route through it...

Andrew Kester, PE
Florida