RE: Residential Sprinklers

I propose we mandate a surcharge of 3-5% of the properties selling price. (whomever doesn't agree will never get a project approved again)
-----Original Message-----
From: Garner, Robert [mailto:rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 11:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Residential Sprinklers

So it looks like we’re going to sprinklers for all California residential structures.

I guess as structural engineers, we get to mandate that all sprinkler supports must be designed by a structural engineer and we get to add a surcharge to our fees for this because it is a life safety and high risk issue?

Bob Garner

R. Garner

Moffatt & Nichol

Tel.:  (619) 220-6050