Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
From text file to Excel file[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Sseaint Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: From text file to Excel file
- From: "gregory szuladzinski" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 19:34:32 +1100
I haven't done it for a while, but if you have a text file, you request after opening that
it be arranged in columns and space delimited.
Then save it as Excel file and it will be like that, in columns and space delimited.
If you want it delimited by commas, then you have to save it in Excel as .csv format.
Gregory from Oz
From: "Thor Tandy" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
To: "SEAInt" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Inserting ASCII file into Excel
I have a print ASCII file that I want to insert into Excel so that it
separates data into separate cells .. Can't find any direction from Excel
Anyone know how to do this? I have too many data to manually input .
- Prev by Subject: Re: Free Steel Girder Field-Splice Design Program
- Next by Subject: Gabe Bohm/TECHNIP-USA is out of the office.
- Previous by thread: Re: Inserting ASCII file into Excel
- Next by thread: Metrodome roof collapse video