From: Bill Cain [mailto:bcainse(--nospam--at)live.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:49 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Metrodome roof collapse video

My understanding is that the dome is basically air supported with several large air handling units pressurizing the dome. It has endured collapse, or rather "deflation", about 4 times since it was built according to an article I read yesterday. The "collapse" load amounted to something like 17" of snow. They pulled the snow removal crew off the roof before the collapse due to hazardous working conditions. Apparently their usual process is to limit how much snow can accumulate by removal efforts.  All said, it sound like "Don't mess with Mother Nature!"

Bill Cain, S.E.
Berkeley, CA