Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Free Steel Girder Field-Splice Design Program[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Free Steel Girder Field-Splice Design Program
- From: TJ Fu <tzujfu(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 07:09:14 -0500
Please provide me your email address. I will send the program to you.
Dear Fellow Bridge Engineers,
I am using Visual Basic to develop a series of bridge design software for AASHTO LRFD. I finished the first one “Pier Program” not long ago. I just finished the 2nd one – “Steel Girder Field Splice Design Program”. It is free if you are interested. These programs are handy in designing highway bridges.
The Field-Splice Design Program has the following features:
Steel Girder Section, Composite Slab, Steel Strength, Bolt Diameter, Faying Surface Class, Applied Loads – DL / LL Moments & Shears.
· Section Properties – Non-Composite and composite sections
· Steel Stresses – Service, Service II, Factored, and design stresses
· Summary - Splice Plates and Bolts Required
· Check Strengths …
Plates – Gross Yielding & Net Section Fracture checks for tension and Compressive resistance checks for compression.
Bolts – Shear/Bearing/Slip/Block Shear Rupture resistance checks
· Check Fatigue Stresses
- Prev by Subject: RE: Free Steel Girder Field-Splice Design Program
- Next by Subject: From text file to Excel file
- Previous by thread: RE: Free Steel Girder Field-Splice Design Program
- Next by thread: Re: More Concrete