Re: Steel Design Program

sir:

I have no doubt of your ability to size a steel beam, but if drawings are issued for construction and unfinished, the project MUST stop.

Schedule be damned.

The situation you describe is full of conflicts of interest, overlapping and contradictory liabilities and lack of responsible charge by the professional of record.

Further, I highly doubt your employer (and his O/E carrier) would approve of this situation as you taking on far more
liability than probably contained in your contract....unless it was a design-build arrangement, which it does not appear to be.

I certainly applaud your team approach and desire to keep things moving and on schedule, but you are innocently
jeopardizing the project and the safety of the public as there may be loads, coordination and detail issues that are not resolved by
using a "simple steel design program"...conditions that you may not be aware of.

PLEASE, bring this situation to your supervisor immediately so that he and your employer can contact the General Contractor
and then, the owner, so that the professional of record can be directed to provide proper care to the project documents.

Good luck!