RE: Steel Design Program

I agree with David Fisher’s comment. There are other things going on steel design other than moment connections. I myself specialize in green and sustainable residential designs and do not want to do steel, because it takes an experienced steel engineer. There are steel code issues that must be addressed that a computer program doesn’t always consider. There are lateral loads, with the members you are sizing being used for drag struts, etc. There are internal moments being generated by the connections themselves that don’t always show up in a computer output, and require an experienced steel engineer to address. Give it back to the EOR and tell them to finish their job before it goes out the door.

Thank You, Mark Benjamin

Crown Jade Design and Engineering, Inc.

 (970) 472 2394  www.crownjade.com

Engineered For the Way You Build...

                       ...Designed For the Way You Live

Licensed in AZ, CO, CT, ID, KY, MN, NM, PA, WY... and your state!

P Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely necessary! Think about the environment.

Confidentiality Statement: This message is solely for the use of the intended recipient. This message is confidential, and may contain legally-privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, reliance upon or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please destroy it and notify me immediately. Thank you.