Re: Vacation Problem!!!

>From looking at the email headers, it is not a case of someone hijacking Dennis' email account (at least not his Verizon account).  The email message came from a Yahoo email account and server, but "spoofed" Dennis' Verizon email address to make it look like it came from his email account.  Thus, I seriously doubt his email account has been compromised.  It is VERY easy to "spoof" an email address/account when you send an email message from an "email client"...which is want appears to be the case here.

It is also unclear if the scam email was sent to the SEAINT list or directly to our actual email address.  Since it appears the archive of the SEAINT is long dead, I could not check that.  I am guess that it was sent to the List, but since the scammer likely used the BCC field, the email comes across as being sent to "Undisclosed recipients".

But, again to confirm, Dennis is fine and at home.  I just got off the phone from talking to him.  He said that someone from New York who was concerned about Dennis called him about this at about 6:30 am Pacific time.

Scott