Re: Structural Analysis Software for New One-Man Firm

It really depends on what kind of work you will be doing. You may need several programs to satisfy the various types of jobs you described below.  Some of the ones you named below tend to be too expensive for a one man show like myself. I have SODA (Canadian 3D steel design and analysis program that does also include US requirements), Woodworks, and IES Visual Analysis. I also use TEDDS (pre-written calcs) for various quick problem solutions and over the years I have written lots of spreadsheets (last count approx 2500)which are great for checking.  There are lots of free spreadsheets available, but they usually require some tweeking.  Lots of luck and let us know what you decide.
Gary