Re: Structural Analysis Software for New One-Man Firm

I put in a vote for IES. I have used STAAD, Risa 3D, and IES' Visual Analysis extensively, and VA comes closest to getting it right, IMO.

No one here has mentioned that you have to rerun Risa again and again to get different results sets. When you have a good-sized model that makes it AGONIZING to use.

That made it a non-starter in my book. I would not recommend it to anyone until and unless they got that fixed.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Via iPhone 3G