Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Road-Building Rage To Leave U.S. In Dust[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Road-Building Rage To Leave U.S. In Dust
- From: "Shiraz Shahid" <sshahid(--nospam--at)engineering-solutions.biz>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:54:46 +0500
China’s road-building has surpassed even its own ambitious plans. The Ministry of Transport said Tuesday that construction of twelve national highways has been completed 13 years ahead of schedule. Another eight highways in western China are almost complete, as well, it said.
The massive buildup of China’s highways will soon leave the U.S., the originator of the national highway system, in the dust.
Expressways in China now total 74,000 kilometers, or 46,000 miles, the ministry says–just a thousand miles short of the U.S. interstate system, according to U.S. government data. China has said that by 2020, China hopes to have about 85,000 kilometers of national expressways–a target that it will likely reach before the date, since it has already built 90% of the total.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Reuse/reinstall of lag bolt in wood
- Next by Subject: Roger Turk 2004
- Previous by thread: Inf_on_ Publication
- Next by thread: "Non-penetrating" roof support for Solar PV