From: Milo Zabala [mailto:milozabala(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:24 AM
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: "Non-penetrating" roof support for Solar PV

In high seismic region, ballast alone may not be enough to resist
lateral forces. There must be some way to anchor the panels to some
external wall system. Recall that friction resistance is not allowed to
counter seismic force.

--
Milo Zabala, PE

On Jan 21, 2011, at 9:46 AM, Krupakaran Kolandaivelu
<krupk(--nospam--at)advantageengineers.com> wrote:

> Non-Penetrating roof support for Solar PV is achieved by ballast
forces for the solar modules are calculated by method 3 of ASCE7-05
section 6.6 wind tunnel procedure. Typically concrete pavers on paver
trays are used on the roof.

> Krup Kolandaivelu, P.E.
> Lansdale, PA.

over the roof? It is required due to some leakage and other liability
issues.

> --
> Milo Zabala, PE

> *
> *
> *   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> *   site at: http://www.seaint.org

> *
> *
> *   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> *   site at: http://www.seaint.org

computer viruses.

Confidentiality Message

This email message, including its attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the render of this notice is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system forthwith and notify us immediately. Thank you.