Tropical wood design calues

I have an architect that wants to use Ipe hardwood for stair treads, but there are only 2 stringers and it will span 4ft. I have searched everywhere and I can't seem to find allowable design values for this tropical hardwood. I have found bending stress values, but I believe that they were average values from the raw data and they did not include a F.S.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find this info?

Thanks

Erik Gibbs
http://structuresinc.biz