Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Side Work

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Thanks gentlemen,
I was leaning towards registering a new entity, and I will be obtaining a Colorado license with my own funds, so that's not a problem. 
I would definitely talk to a lawyer before moving forward, but I don't know any who practice this type of law at the moment, so I'm looking for free "preliminary" council. 
Would it hold any weight if I had my clients (at this point my plan is that my only client would be my brother) sign something specifically indemnifying my full time firm back in North Carolina?
Thanks again,


On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Jim Getaz <jgetaz(--nospam--at)> wrote:
                If you already have a Colorado license paid for by your employer, after you set up the separate entity mentioned by Conrad, reimburse your employer from that entity’s funds.
                And your employer can always be named in a lawsuit. Even if that firm is later removed from the suit, the insurance will pay for it. So you may want to prepare for that.
        Jim Getaz