Re: SIPs calculation

Please, see attach.
Nelson Corzo

http://www.sips.org/elements/uploads/fckeditor/file/SIP%20Engineered%20Design%20Guide.pdf

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Mark(--nospam--at)Crownjade.com <mark(--nospam--at)crownjade.com> wrote:

Sorry, I left out the 15 psi compressive strength of the foam.

Thank You, Mark Benjamin

Crown Jade Design and Engineering, Inc.

 (970) 472 2394  www.crownjade.com

Engineered For the Way You Build...

                       ...Designed For the Way You Live

Licensed in AZ, CO, CT, ID, KY, MN, NM, PA, WY... and your state!

P Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely necessary! Think about the environment.

Confidentiality Statement: This message is solely for the use of the intended recipient. This message is confidential, and may contain legally-privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, reliance upon or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please destroy it and notify me immediately. Thank you.

Does anybody know a simple method to calculate the deflection in a flat SIPs roof panel, which is composed of composite materials. The load (in Arizona) is 20 LL + 15 DL and the clear span is 17’. For allowable deflection values, the outer layers are 7/16” OSB and the inner layer is 5-1/2” thick 2.0 lb density polyurethane foam with a tensile strength of 96 psi and a compressive strength of psi. The OSB has a tensile strength of 7450 psi and a stiffness strength of 55,600 lb-in^2/ft. All strengths are along the grain line, the direction of interest.

--
Please don't put my email address in the "To" or "Cc" fields of messages being sent to people I don't know!  please,use "Bcc".
-Before printing think about the environment. Antes de imprimir, piense en el medio ambiente. Antes de imprimir, pense no meio ambiente. Avant d´imprimer, pensez à l'environnement and plant a tree before you print this email!