To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: '10 CBC Retaining Walls
From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:28:58 -0800

Larry,

I would think you would be able to use CBC Table 1601.1 for the earth lateral loads and Table 1806.2 for your soil bearing allowables.  Unless you are sitting in a peat bog or saturated sands, you can assume Soil Class D, go to Google Earth to get your job site latitude and longitude, then go to the USGS website to get all your seismic design parameters.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor