Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Vortex Shedding on Stacks - Vertical Strakes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Vortex Shedding on Stacks - Vertical Strakes
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:01:16 +0000
Those familiar with vortex shedding will note that ASME STS 1 discusses strakes as does API 560. Both API 560 and ASME STS 1 have provisions for helical strakes. API 560 allows for vertical strakes ASME STS 1 does not. |
Has anyone ever studied whether or not vertical strakes are effective? Are there any published papers?
My own personal experience is that vertical strakes do not work. But since the vertical strakes are cheaper (especially in repairs), there is a desire to use them.
Regards, Harold Sprague
- Prev by Subject: Re: Vish and his IPAD2
- Next by Subject: Re: Vortex Shedding on Stacks - Vertical Strakes
- Previous by thread: RE: RE: Channel Spec
- Next by thread: Re: Vortex Shedding on Stacks - Vertical Strakes