From: Charles R. Ashley Jr. [mailto:charles(--nospam--at)ashleyvance.com]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 1:05 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: seaint Digest for 23 Feb 2011

Thanks Gary, I really appreciate your response.

I guess I will have to just get used to telling clients "yes, in fact, a
6ft
tall wood fence does require a 4ft to 6ft footing".  And "no I can't
explain
how all fences designed prior to ASCE 7-05 are still standing".

Charles

Charles R. Ashley Jr., S.E.
Principal Engineer
(805) 545-0010 x111