Re: Anchor Bolt Value with partial bolt length into nut

We'll be building colonies on other planets and the AB installer will still
be coming up short ... "Uh, Houston, we have a problem ..."

This is not a trivial anchor rod at 1.75in dia. I suppose it would be too
much to ask if the base could live without it. Could grouted anchors be
placed nearby?

What does it hold down? Are there any dimensional restrictions? That might
influence suggestions.

New product concept: A flanged nut where the nut extends above and below the
flange so that a portion of the nut is countersunk down through the plate
and the flange seats above the plate. They could potentially be produced
with weldable extender nuts to suit the purpose.

Regards
Paul

Paul Ransom, P.Eng.
ad026(--nospam--at)rpransom.ca